Which energy pathways and organs are we targeting?
– Lungs and Large Intestine Meridians that run on the upper part of the body.
Which Yin Yoga sequence can help you balance the Metal Element?
– Melting heart
– Open wings
– Crushed wings
– Supported fish pose
– Reclining twist
– Final relaxation and meditation
– Hold each pose for 3-5 min.
– Take rebound (break) of 1-2 min in between each of them: rebound can be in child’s pose, savasana shape or any other comfortable pose for you
What is the Metal energy about?
– Right now in the Northern hemisphere we are in the Metal season, which is Fall / Autumn.
– It’s the season where energy starts to go more inside, it’s a time of letting go and acceptance and becoming more still, preparing for winter.
– The ascendancy of Yin consuming the fiery Yang of summer is palpable. The trees shed their leaves, drawing their energy inward.
– We too, innately shift from the external, expansive yang quality of spring and summer, and ease into an internal, reflective state of being.
Which processes the Metal energy supports?
– The energy of this season, more than any other, supports our letting go of the waste, the old and stale in our lives. To accept that everything is forever changing.
– Leaving us receptive to the pure and new, granting us a vision of who we are in our essence.
– It moves us to eliminate what we no longer need, reveals again what is most precious in our lives.
How Metal Element affects our emotions?
– Grief is the emotion of the Metal element. Gratitude is the transcendent emotion we can work with. Gratitude for the things we hold dear in our lives even though there are people or circumstances we cherish and had to say fare well to.
– We all experience loss, separation, and “letting go,” and we appropriately feel grief at those times.
How does Metal impact our minds?
– When the energy of Metal is blocked or imbalanced within us, our expression of grief likewise becomes imbalanced and inappropriate.
– It may be excessive and ongoing.
– Or, in the other extreme, it may be absent, as in those who cannot express their grief.
What are the benefits of a balanced Metal Element?
– Grief cleanses us of what is no longer needed in our lives.
– Processing grief properly, reflects in a more peaceful state of mind, improving overall wellbeing
– Realizing the impermanence of all things.